RKFL: APNX: Hand of the Gods Game play FAQ

Thread: Hand of the Gods Game play FAQ

Hand of the Gods Game play FAQ

1. How do I win the game?
    You win the game by destroying your opponent's Summoning Stone.

2. How do I build a deck?
    Building a deck requires selecting your Leader and 25 additional cards consisting of Units and Spells. You can have a maximum of 2 duplicates, and can only build a deck with cards from the Leaders Pantheon and Neutral cards. You may have multiple Legendary cards in your deck, but only 1 copy of each.

3. Where can I play units?
    Units are deployed adjacent to your Summoning Stone. Units that are spawned in from a card effect will be randomly placed adjacent to your Summoning Stone.

4. I can't use a unit on the turn they are spawned?
    Correct, units spawn exhausted and cannot move or attack until your next turn. Units with Charge ignore this and can take action the turn they are deployed or spawned.

5. Do units always take return damage?
    In general, basic attacks always take return damage. However Ranged units only take return damage from melee units if they are adjacent to them. Additionally, abilities from cards never take return damage.

6. What is the attack range of units?
    Melee units may only attack Units, Structures, and Summoning Stones adjacent to them. Ranged Units may attack Units, Structures, and Summoning Stones up to 3 tiles away.

7. How many tiles can my units move each turn?
    All melee units have a movement of 3. All ranged units have a movement of 2.

8. Some cards have bolded words like Afterlife, Warcry, and Guard. How do I know what these do?
    Some units have keywords to quickly describe what they do. If you hover over the card, a tooltip will pop up and display next to them, describing what the keyword means. Some of the more common keywords you will see:
    Afterlife - Effect occurs when unit is killed
    Charge - Is not exhausted the turn it spawns, and may move and attack immediately
    Guard - Adjacent Summoning Stones cannot be targeted by attacks or Warcry effects
    Stun - Unit is unable to move and does not counterattack.
    Warcry - Triggers when played from hand

9. I can’t use some spells on Summoning Stones. How do I know what each card can target?

• If a card reads, “Deal 3 Damage” this card is able to target anything on the board. This includes: Friendly Summoning Stones, Friendly units, Enemy Summoning Stones, and Enemy Units.
    • If a card reads, “Deal 3 Damage to an Enemy” this card is able to target anything that is an Enemy. This includes: Enemy Summoning Stones, and Enemy Units.
    • If a card reads, “Deal 3 Damage to a Unit” this card is able to target any unit. This includes: Friendly Units and Enemy Units.
    • If a card reads, “Teleport a Unit anywhere on the battlefield” this card can move anything on the board minus Summoning Stones.
    • If a card reads, “Target a Friendly” this card can target Friendly Summoning Stones or Units.

10. How do I unlock more cards?
    Cards can be acquired either through opening packs, or crafting. Card packs can be purchased with Favor acquired by playing, or by purchasing Runes inside the store menu. Cards can be crafted by disenchanting extra cards you have inside your Collection Menu to create Canoptic Dust, then inspect the card you wish to create and select ‘Craft’. Favor and packs can also be obtained by logging in for consecutive days. The Clan feature also allows members to unlock a free pack be completing a weekly Clan Quest.

11. What are the rules of the different game modes?

• Casual - Players can use pre-constructed decks from any pantheon. While the results do not effect ranking in any way, this is a good format for having fun or testing a new deck build.
    • Ranked - Players can use pre-constructed decks from any pantheon. Wins and losses within this game mode will affect your Rank, which starts at Rank 30 and ends at Rank 1. Once a player reaches Rank 1, you will receive a rating number that will fluctuate based on wins or losses.
    • Arena - First, players will have the option of choosing a leader from three options. Next, they will build a deck by choosing one of three cards displayed, until a full deck is created. The cards presented are from both your Leader's Pantheon and the Neutral Set, including cards that you may not have in your Collection. Players will be allowed to play with their deck until they accrue either 12 wins or 3 losses, at which point the deck will be retired. Rewards for this game mode are reflective of the total number of wins that a player accrued with a deck before it has been retired.
    • Gauntlet - This mode is comprised of multiple queues that each offer unique rewards with each patch cycle. Every patch features multiple separate game mode variants with different requirements that change the way you build your decks and play the game. The goal is to reach 8 wins, but a single loss ends your run. Players will only have a single entry per day into each of the active gauntlets, so plan and construct your decks carefully before entering.

12. My graphics look poor, can I change my settings?
    The settings can be found on the main menu under “Settings.” In-game you are able to access your settings by pressing Escape.

13. Are there more cards coming?
    Absolutely! The Closed Beta has a very small subset of cards, more will be added as we continue development.

14. Where can I send bugs and feedback?
    The best place is here, on the Hand of the Gods forums! Please read how to properly submit a Bug Report here: http://forums.handofthegods.com/show...rt&p=47#post47. If you're a Discord user, you can also submit bugs in our #bug-report channel on the Official Hand of the Gods Discord server: https://discord.gg/XbbCs9G.
    Last edited by HirezAdanas; 06-30-2017 at 03:58 PM.

Blog Entries
    Hello
    nice i just found this, could it be possible to add a list of all Abilities, you only mentioned some of them like charge.. this would be very helpful.

Thank you
    Last edited by Danny87; 11-16-2017 at 07:47 AM. Reason: signature

Hey Danny,

Here is a full list! If you need to review these later, they can be seen by hovering over a card that has the effect in-game.

Afterlife - Effect occurs when unit is killed
    Banish - Unit is temporarily removed from the battlefield but still occupies a tile
    Charge - Is not exhausted the turn it spawns, and may move and attack immediately
    Discover - Add one of two or more presented cards to your hand
    Guard - Adjacent Summoning Stones cannot be targeted by attacks or Warcry effects
    Immune - Cannot be targeted by specified type
    Protect - Reduces damage taken from basic Attacks by specified amount
    Reincarnate - When this unit or spell would go to your graveyard return it to your hand. It loses Reincarnate
    Root - Root prevents movement
    Silence - Removes all card text and effects
    Stealth Can't be directly targeted by enemies until summoning sickness is removed
    Stun - Unit is unable to move and does not counterattack.
    Warcry - Triggers when played from hand