RKFL: APNX: Yahweh why ignore 2/3rds of the world?

Thread: Yahweh why ignore 2/3rds of the world?

Yahweh why ignore 2/3rds of the world?

So as im sure your very well aware, roughly 2/3rds of the planet worship the god Yahweh. Christians, muslims, and jews alike. Each in their different way of course, but your missing out on a HUGE cash cow opportunity. Sure Ra, and zeus and odin are popular gods that are cool in movies etc. but adding Yahweh would draw alot of players in and I for one would LOVE to play as the Yahweh, as i am christian and it makes me feel bad for playing other gods. It also makes me a lil jealous, like why do budhists, and other pagan worshipers get to play their god, but i cant stomp all over them with my god? thematicly having angels as minions, and angel of death, archangels, wrath of god cards etc. would be great.

This obviously would stir up some controversy, BUT the controversy would give free advertisement to your game, it would launch Hi-rez studios front and center on every article and news feed around the globe for the controversy, as christians, and muslims, and jews alike all would come out of the wood work to address your usage of Yahweh. you have already experienced some of the controversy with Kali and probably even some of the others, but as ive said the god Yahweh is the most worshiped god on the planet. The controversy would be excellent publicity and everyone would know who Hi-rez studios is. If the character of Yahweh is well done, there will be a large swath (did i mention 2/3rds of the earths population worships this god?) of players who would flock to the game, and be happy to play that god and feel good about themselves for it. The lack of this god in the pantheon likely keeps a sizable player base away from your game, for feeling guilty for playing as gods that are contrary to their own beliefs.

(you could make the avatar Jesus instead of Yahweh. he would be a massive healer based character, perhaps with the ability to resurrect fallen allies or something.)
    Last edited by Albeido; 10-19-2017 at 01:34 PM.

so how many gods you think that pantheon will have? lol

Uh the Christian god and lore are all ripped off versions of the ancient gods represented in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko View Post
    so how many gods you think that pantheon will have? lol
    well other champions in smite tactics have "gods" such as hercules, who isnt really a god. So you could get by with things like Michael who was an archangel. There is an entire roster of angels that could be used, as well as prophets such as Elijah who called down fire from the heavens. The apostles probably wouldnt be good candidates though, and alot of these champions dont have but a handful of "gods" on their pantheon anyways. Other's use cursed soldiers or zombies for the bulk of their minions, so having lesser angels or the prophets or something would fit in quite nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Dallaen View Post
    Uh the Christian god and lore are all ripped off versions of the ancient gods represented in this game.
    not factually accurate in the least, The god Yahweh at the very least is as old as Ra, predating Odin, and Zues by at least 2000 years. The oldest city in the world is Damascus which is even mentioned in the bible. According to archaeologist, the concensus is that Humans evolved in eastern africa. Some argue it was the indus river valley, but the oldest bones we have ever found was in eastern africa. This would mean that the egyptian culture and the culture around the Tigris/euphrates that became Damascus were the first people, and the religions would have been the first. This would mean that the egyptian gods, and Yahwah likely were formed around the exact same time, maybe having the egyptian gods very slightly before hand.

It was the anglo people who migrated out of the middle east, and populated area's such as greece, and eastward into india and asia, and northward into the scandinavia countries, who brought the religions of the middle east. Meaning that these other gods are merely versions of Yahweh, and their lore was ripped off. Now you could argue that Yahweh is a copy of the sumerian civilizations gods, and there is alot of debate about that.

is it not spelled YHWH? and god doesn't have a age and damascus is not the oldest city in the world in syria yes not the world

Quote Originally Posted by Albeido View Post
    well other champions in smite tactics have "gods" such as hercules, who isnt really a god. So you could get by with things like Michael who was an archangel. There is an entire roster of angels that could be used, as well as prophets such as Elijah who called down fire from the heavens. The apostles probably wouldnt be good candidates though, and alot of these champions dont have but a handful of "gods" on their pantheon anyways. Other's use cursed soldiers or zombies for the bulk of their minions, so having lesser angels or the prophets or something would fit in quite nicely.
    hercules was the son of zeus, so at least he was half god haha. but i see your point, maybe they can develop some unique gameplay for yaveh without gods or promote angel to god status xD.

Quote Originally Posted by Syko View Post
    hercules was the son of zeus, so at least he was half god haha. but i see your point, maybe they can develop some unique gameplay for yaveh without gods or promote angel to god status xD.
    ok so here how about this

Yahweh leader ability would be "Prophecy- Draw a card"

for his cards how about this:
    Spells:
    1.Rain of fire:
    3x3 does 3 damage
    2.Plague of locust:
    poisons in a 3x3 killing at the start of your next turn.
    3. Smite:
    deal 2 damage to a enemy
    4. Mana from Heaven:
    give 1 crystal each turn
    5. Resurrection:
    Discover a minion from you graveyard and put into play.
    6. Divine intervention:
    Discover a god from your deck and put it into play.
    7. Prayer:
    Give an ally immune:damage until the start of your next turn.
    8. Armagedon:
    Destroy all enemies and allies in play.
    9. Second comming;
    Return all allies from the graveyard into play.
    10. Judgement:
    Kill target enemy.
    11. Blessing:
    Give all units +1/+1
    12. Exorcism:
    Gain control of the enemy unit.
    13. Circumcision:
    Give an enemy -2/-2
    14. Garden of Eden:
    Your summoning stone summons an angel (2/2) adjacent to it after casting a spell.
    15. Armor of god:
    Give an ally protection 2
    16. Sword of God:
    Give a unit +2/0
    17. Staff of Moses:
    Give a unit Immune: Spells
    18. Blind:
    Target enemy cannot attack
    19. Fear of God:
    Target enemy is stunned for one turn.
    20. Plague of frogs:
    Summon 3 1/1 frogs.
    21. Plague of disease:
    All enemy units have -1/-1
    22. Plague of blood:
    All enemy units are stunned for one turn.

For your minions/gods:
    1. Michael: 7/7 "who is like god:
    Immune: Spells
    Protection 2
    2. Gabriel: 2/4 ranged "Messenger of god"
    Trigger the warcry of a friendly in play.
    3. Azrael:5/5 "Angel of death"
    Warcry: kill an enemy.
    4. Raphael: 2/2 "It is god who heals"
    Warcry: discover an ally from the graveyard and put it into play.
    5. Uriel: 4/4 "Keeper of the sun"
    Warcry: deal 2 damage to all within a 3x3
    6. Raguel: 3/3 ranged "Friend of God"
    Warcry: Give all friendly gods +1/+1
    7. Ramiel: 4/4 ranged "the thunder of god"
    warcry: deal 5 damage to an enemy.
    8. Sariel: 6/6 "Prince of God"
    Charge
    Immune: Spells
    10. Abraham: 3/3
    Warcry: Discover a spell card.
    11. Enoch: 5/5
    Afterlife: Return this minion into play, only happens once.
    12. Elijah: 3/3
    Warcry: draw a rain of fire card.
    Last edited by Albeido; 10-21-2017 at 05:13 AM.

Can i have The Flying Spaghetti monster after you get your imaginary friend as a playable Pantheon? I'm sure the Muslim's of the world would also like a Pantheon so you better plan for that. How about all the Japanese gods? This is quite the rabbit hole you will go down trying to appease everyone.