RKFL: APNX: Discordia is a massive negetive play experience
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Discordia is a massive negetive play experience

Discordia is a massive negetive play experience

Although I have not though every new card released has been good for the health of the game I have never felt the need to give feedback until now.

Discordia is almost impossible to counter and can easily generate very high card advantages for the controlling player. She practically counters all control decks.

I urge you to modify her text.

I have to say i have played against this deck as well now and it's really BS how this deck style complete screws any sort of long term value control. All a card like this does is turn the entire game meta into a rush with no other style playable because of this single cards existence.

If you want her effect in game she should give the cards back at the end of the turn they were taken. That way all she can use are lower cost cards and not get so much power from dumping their hand and taking all the power cards you were playing for in the late game. I would also increase her cost to (5) so the player has no access to cards above level 5 cost.

In reality this card should really be a neutral as well and not just for one Pantheon if she was worded how i stated above.

also the fact that you can do it not once, but twice is super aids. i cant fathom why you thought this was a good idea unless your planning to over power all pantheons. in witch case i support this decision. just make her a legendary.

She really needs to be reworked. It goes against strategy as you never know if you are going to have a hand next turn. You could lose your entire hand and be left with nothing for the cost of a 4 mana mob, that is also 3/3 with range! So best case scenario as Bellona, you can, on turn 3 (2 with a mana card) you can steal the other persons hand and leave them with nothing. That might not be common but it is definitely game breaking. So, any time after turn 3, you have to be able to empty your hand or be prepared to have nothing to play. This is not fun and should not be part of a strategy card game at all. If played correctly there is no downside. Even if played without her ability you still get a 3/3 range for 4 which is not horrible. Drawing cards from other peoples decks is on the border I think, but actually stealing their entire hand is dumb. There is no way to really counterplay.

Just thought of a bit more to say. In another, very popular, CCG Magic: The Gathering. If you steal a card from someone, if you don't have the correct mana you can't cast it, so it is a gamble. Being able to play every pantheons cards with no penalty is one of the things that breaks this card. If you pulled a full hand of Egyptian cards and couldn't play them, the risk would increase and it would make the card more balanced. But as it is, it doesn't matter if it's pantheon specific, anyone can play any card.

IMHO, "Discordia" is a false good idea. The card swap mechanism is a mistake because it breaks the HotG paradigm (turn by turn, no counter, card = resource). The "Sentry Ward" or "Recruiter" cards, which implement the "millstone" mechanism, are not as powerful. Even Magic, which is a more complex and successful game, has limited this mechanism (time and number of cards). That said no offense to Hi-Rez devs.

"Discordia" should rather function as a millstone with a look on the opponent's hand. I.e.: For 4 Mana, I put an Archer 3/3 who has the War Cry: "look at the opponent hand, select a card and put it in your hand".

I could appreciate this, a one card pull....maybe at random might be a good mechanic. But, I still don't like the idea of pantheons playing cards that are of other pantheons.

This Discordia is super retarded idea ever created in every card game in history . a stupid unbalanced one card can totaly destroy a winning match thats not should gonna happen that ONE STUPID card can win you the match.
    HI REZ PLEASE REWORK AND CHANGE THIS IDIOTIC STUPID UNBALANCED CARD!
    PS: If it would be legendary card with a cost of 10 maybe it would stay in the game but 4 cost rare card distance with 3/3 with that TEXT??????
    The most retarded unbalanced card ever!

At this cost i would suggest to steal 1 card from opponent hand ;p

Quote Originally Posted by Dracothuban View Post
    But, I still don't like the idea of pantheons playing cards that are of other pantheons.
    I understand and share your point of view but then any cards that already allow you to do it must be modified or deleted. This is a long-term job and, it seems to me, it is even more likely to mess up the current balance of pantheons.