RKFL: APNX: Thanks for screwing up the game with Kraken as card. Just check how over power it is

Thread: Thanks for screwing up the game with Kraken as card. Just check how over power it is

Thanks for screwing up the game with Kraken as card. Just check how over power it is

Played game with Zeus. Id is 5903410.

Just check how uselessly over-powered kraken card is.

There is no counter. Nothing can be done.

My opponent just won as I can't have any unit at all on the floor.

Just to be clear its not a cry post.

All I am saying is leader ability to do 2 damage on 2X2 area is just too much overpower. Already Zeus has big line-up of powerful gods with powerful warcry
    Last edited by androidguy; 02-06-2018 at 07:54 AM.

You do realize it takes them a long time to get that thing online and it cost 3 each turn to use? Considering Zeus has some of the best gods in game that are pricey makes Kraken a hard choice each turn to use. If you aren't pressuring his board or stone than sure the kraken is strong but you were probably going to lose anyway if you weren't doing that.

Which pantheon's are you playing that Kraken is punishing you?

3 games. Opponent drew first card as kraken.

Then its game over for me.

I tried with Ra, Odin and Nu Wa.

Issue for me is. Kraken is 3 mana. it can do 2 damage in 2X2 area and no counter.

When they draw kraken late in game. its no drama. Still fighting chance

Kraken as first 2 cards is game over.

I play Zeus quite a bit, Kraken isn't overpowered. It is only 2 damage. Unless your entire deck is 2 health mobs...you shouldn't have that much of a problem. Also, it's a 2x2 area...so if you keep them spread only a little bit, you shouldn't have an issue. That 3 mana cost is huge. Turn 4 that's probably all they can do. Turn 5, maybe they can Kraken and Arachne. There are plenty of cards in each pantheon that are 4 mana and higher that can survive the 2 damage it does. I don't see a problem with this. I'm not playing tons of games against Zeus wrecking me with Kraken. I'm playing tons of games of Bellona wrecking me with Discordia, lava tiles and stuns for days. Just my 2c.

Quote Originally Posted by androidguy View Post
    3 games. Opponent drew first card as kraken.

Then its game over for me.

I tried with Ra, Odin and Nu Wa.

Issue for me is. Kraken is 3 mana. it can do 2 damage in 2X2 area and no counter.

When they draw kraken late in game. its no drama. Still fighting chance

Kraken as first 2 cards is game over.
    I can guarantee you any good Zeus player would take a Heavenly Agility on turn 2 as opposed to a Kraken in hand on turn 2.

As for the matches you listed. Odin i'm guessing you played the rush swarm deck? Ra i'll guess he punished you for sitting back playing control and not being aggressive and moving around the board? Nu Wa i'll guess again you were playing the beast rush with all the low cost beasts? If those aren't the right decks give me an idea of what you are playing.

Kraken used to be a lot more powerful in the game but with all the new cards and changes they have made it is significantly less powerful. It does however have the side effect of beating up on player with minimal collections and fewer solid neutrals and especially their pantheon's gods.